Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday Shopping

"Once more unto the breech, dear friends, once more." Wm. Shakespeare, Henry V 

The line above is uttered by England's Henry V as he rallies his troops before the walls of the French fortress, Harfleur. Those words popped into my head as I entered a mall parking lot this past Friday. The ominous "Black Friday".

I can't remember the last time I went shopping on that dreaded day. I hate shopping in general, but that day is the apex of everything I despise about that pastime. This year, circumstances beyond my control forced me to enter this fray. To be honest, the experience was not at bad as anticipated. Of course anticipation is always worse than the experience itself. However, it was less than pleasant.

What really upsets me is the fact that my excursion had nothing to do with holiday shopping. So I still have the onus of that obligation with which to deal. Of course I do have 23 days to put off  that task. - as ever - BB

"Never put off until tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow." - Mark Twain





No comments: