Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Curse is Broken!

Billy Penn can once again smile down on the city of Brotherly Love. After last night's win, the Phillies are baseball's World Champions. No more need to mention the curse, the over 10,000 losses, the longest championship drought in a city with 4 major sport teams, no more waiting by the chimney with snowballs to barrage Santa. Okay, the last one is a personal thing and I still may do that. Many years ago I wanted a bike for Christmas and got a puzzle map of the United States. Are you kidding me? But I digress. 

The Phillies have quieted the Negadelphians and at least for a while the city can hold it's collective head high. Maybe W.C. Fields really would rather be there right now?- as ever - BB

"I once spent a year in Philadelphia. I think it was on a Sunday." - W.C. Fields



No comments: